Mad Science takes all the hassle and frustration out of running an after-school enrichment program because we do the work for you!
What does Mad Science do?
Aside from getting your students excited about science, here are some logistical items you might want to know;
• Registration Materials: All registration forms are provided to the school by Mad Science. They are customized for your program, delivered to your school and bundled for each teacher’s classroom.
• Payment Processing: There are no funds for the school to process. Mad Science will collect everything from check or credit card - either through on-line registration or by phone.
• Age/Grade Level: Mad Science offers instruction in an age and grade appropriate manner using a variety of teaching methods to ensure each participant benefits from the instruction. Therefore, students in kindergarten through to grade 6 can participate in Mad Science after-school programs. We also offer a pre-K option. A roster of students will be provided for the school by Mad Science prior to the first club date.
• Instructors: We recruit individuals who have experience in working with groups of elementary-aged children. It is mandatory for all our instructors to pass a series of background checks and safety training before they are appointed.
• Supplies: Mad Science provides all the equipment and materials required to run the after-school program. Our certified instructors arrive in Mad Science lab coats at least 15 minutes before the class begins, to set-up their equipment. At the end of the class, the Mad Scientist makes sure the room is cleaned. All dismissal is handled by Mad Science staff, and for the safety of the students, we dismiss per school requirements.
• Take-Home Materials: During each class, students make and take home a science project related to the topic covered in that class so that parents can discuss the days content with their children.
• Safety: Every precaution is taken for the safety of the children. Even the take-home items that are branded with the Mad Science name are fully tested by the Consumer Products Safety Commission before we send them home with a child.
• District/School policies: We will work to be in agreement with all policies that cover room usage and programs on the school campus.
What does the school need to do?
• Promote the clubs - Let the students know about the clubs through whatever means are good for you; pass out flyers, make announcements, have a stage show, do a TV broadcast, have a booth at a parent event, plan a lunchtime rover, use parent/PTA email blasts or anything else that you'd like.
• Provide space to meet - We'll need one space for each group.
• Notify teachers - Let your classroom teachers know who will be attending and where to send those students. Mad Science will email a roster of all registered students complete with their teacher's names the day prior to clubs starting.
Satisfaction is guaranteed!
The Mad Science guarantee is simple: If you are not satisfied with the Mad Science experience, we will do what it takes to make it right.
Starting a Mad Science after-school science program is easy…just contact us.
704-561-9996/336-784-1818 or email@example.com